Is there anything better than biting into a soft, crispy Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme? YES! When you make that Crunchwrap Supreme at home and tweak it to perfection in your very own kitchen. This copycat Taco Bell recipe is so easy to make, and fun enough to put together that even your teenagers will want to help in the kitchen.
What is a Crunchwrap Supreme?
If you haven't had the joy of trying one of these masterpieces at Taco Bell, you are in for a real treat! A Crunchwrap Supreme is basically a taco on steroids. You'll start with a flour tortilla, add in beef taco meat, top with a tostada and then top with your favorite toppings - like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, quesadilla sauce, red sauce - it's totally up to you! Then wrap it up, heat it on a griddle, and you're ready to go.
Customizing Your Crunchwrap Supreme
The great thing about making your Crunchwrap Supreme at home is that you can customize your ingredients. I'm dairy and gluten free, so I can use a gluten free flour tortilla and dairy free sour cream. It's so good!
My daughter doesn't like taco beef, so we swap out the taco beef for refried beans, and she's in heaven.
Experiment with shredded chicken, black beans and fajita peppers for a fun crunchy fajita experience.
How to Make a Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Prep your taco meat, refried beans or whatever your "meat" will be. Chop any veggies or toppings (like lettuce and tomatos). If you want to use red sauce or quesadilla sauce, make it now.
To assemble your crunchwrap, lay an XL flour tortilla on your plate. Spoon taco meat (or your main filling) into a small later in the middle. Top with a tostada. Add lettuce and any other veggie toppings. Top with the sauce of your choice (optional) and cheese and start wrapping.
How to wrap your Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Start at the bottom, and fold the tortilla all the way around the wrap. There will be a space in the middle. Cut a piece from another tortilla to fill the space. Heat folded side down first on a warm griddle until toasty (about a minute). Flip and toast for another minute. Serve warm.Print
- 1 pound taco meat
- 4 XL flour tortillas
- ½ cup nacho cheese (optional)
- 4 tostada shells
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat taco meat and nacho cheese sauce.
- Lay an XL flour tortilla on your plate. Spoon taco meat (or your main filling) into a small layer in the middle. Add nacho cheese (optional). Top with a tostada shell. Add lettuce and any other veggie toppings, sour cream and shredded cheese. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Fold the edges up and over the center. Continue to work your way around the tortilla, folding as tight as possible. There will most likely be a space in the middle. Cut a piece from another flour tortilla and fill the space.
- Place crunchwrap seam-side down and toast until it's golden brown (about a minute). Flip and toast the other side for another minute.
- Serve immediately.
You can substitute warm refried beans for the taco meat.
If you're gluten free, substitute a gluten free flour tortilla.
If you're dairy free, customize your toppings accordingly.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Taco Bell, Copycat, Mexican, Crunchwrap Supreme, taco
Looking for more Taco Bell Copycat Recipes?