14-year-old Cassidy created this delicious cookie recipe. It is perfect for a crowd and fun for your kids to help bake.Print
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 stick margarine
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup golden brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter, margarine, both sugars and the vanilla extract. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add flour to the liquid a little at a time and mix well until evenly combined.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips.
- Use a little ice cream scoop to place the cookie dough onto a baking sheet, leaving room in between for the cookie dough to spread without touching.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Bake longer to make them crunchy.
- Cool for a few minutes on the sheet. Use a spatula to move them to a plate. Eat warm or store in an airtight container once cooled.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!