This chicken recipe, created by 12-year-old Austin, takes fried chicken to the next level. Covered in potato chip crumbs and topped with cheese, it will be a hit with everyone in your family.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bag plain potato chips
- garlic, minced
- lemon juice
- 1 egg
- cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put potato chips in sealed plastic food storage bag and crush to make crumbs. Put egg in a bowl and mix. Put potato chips in a second bowl. Dip chicken in egg and then in potato chips.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray. Put chicken in pan. Sprinkle minced garlic on chicken. Squirt lemon juice on chicken. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with cheese. Put back in oven for another 5 minutes.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!