Get your kids to eat this nutrient-rich superfood with this delicious pesto salmon recipe.
Created by a nine-year-old, this simple recipe makes it easy for your kids to help you cook.
- 1⅓ lbs salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- toasted pecans
- plum tomatoes, diced
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix mayo, pesto and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Break toasted pecans into small pieces (a rolling pin works great for this).
- Place salmon fillets in a baking dish large enough so that they don't overlap. Spread the pesto/mayo mixture over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle the pecan pieces over the pesto mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. Sprinkle the baked salmon with the diced tomatoes. Tear the basil leaves into small pieces over the tomatoes and serve.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!