Satisfy your sweet tooth with these irresistible waffle cookies. With just a few simple ingredients and some creativity, you can whip up a batch of these tasty treats in no time. Get the easy and delicious recipe here!
Looking for more fun Mini Dash Waffle Maker Recipes? See all of our waffle recipes here!
There are two things that get my teens out of their rooms and cooking in the kitchen with me.
- Cookies! Always cookies!
- Making “weird” things in our Dash Mini Waffle Maker
This waffle cookie recipe checks all the boxes, and you can have so much fun making them. Be sure to follow our tips below to make the perfect sweet treats.
Download Our Free Guide to Your Dash Mini Waffle Maker
Are you ready to take your Dash Mini Waffle Maker to the next level? Our free guide will give you tips and tricks to turn just about ANYTHING into a waffle – plus the one thing that NEVER WORKS OUT!
Tools you’ll need
Step 1: Make your sugar cookie batter following box instructions (the thicker the better). Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
Step 2: Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
Step 3: Add enough sugar cookie batter to cover the bottom plate. Do not overfill. Close lid and cook for 2-5 minutes.
Step 4: Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer the cookie waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 2-3 minutes to allow wafffle to get crispy on the outside.
Handy tip: Use Potholders
If you’re having a hard time removing the waffle from the waffle maker because it’s too soft, use potholders to pick up the waffle iron and “pour” the cookie on the cooling rack. It will get nice and crispy as it cools.
Why Refrigerated Cookie Dough Just Doesn’t Work
Storage and Freezing
Store in an airtight container in your fridge for five days.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat, pop them in the toaster to heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Ensure the dough is not too sticky for better results.
You may need to make slight adjustments to the thickness of the dough. Ensure it’s not too thin to prevent sticking. If your first waffle is too sticky, add an extra egg to the rest of the batter.
Yes! It’s recommended to lightly grease the waffle maker or use non-stick cooking spray to prevent the batter from sticking. Do this between every single waffle!
Cooking times may vary, but generally, it takes about 2-5 minutes. Keep an eye on the waffle maker and remove the waffles when they are golden brown. They will crisp up even more on the cooling rack.
Yes! You can reheat waffles in a toaster or oven to crisp them back up when you’re ready to eat them.
Yes, once the sugar cookie waffles are cooked, you can add icing, sprinkles, or other decorations to enhance their appearance.
Wait for the waffle maker to cool down, then wipe the plates with a damp cloth. For stubborn residue, use a soft brush or cloth.
Yes, you can adapt the recipe for a larger waffle maker, adjusting the amount of batter accordingly.
Start with two tablespoons and adjust up or down accordingly.
We do not recommend using pre-made cookie dough. It’s a sticky mess that just doesn’t hold together (unfortunately).
Ice cream, maple syrup, chocolate chips, whipped cream, a drizzle of frosting, sprinkles,
- One box of sugar cookie mix (we like Betty Crocker)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- Prepare sugar cookie mix per package instructions.
- Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
- Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
- Fill bottom plate with sugar cookie batter. Do not overfill. Close lid and cook for 2-5 minutes.
- Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer cookie waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 3-5 minutes to allow sugar cookie waffle to get crispy on the outside.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all waffles are made.
- Top with your favorite toppings (like frosting, sprinkles, etc.) and Enjoy!
- DAIRY FREE – Need these to be dairy free? Easy! Use the dairy free sugar cookie mix of your choice.
- ADD AN EXTRA EGG – If your first waffle is too sticky and won’t hold together, add an extra egg to your sugar cookie batter. This will help it hold together.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 2-5 min