Get your kids to eat this nutrient-rich superfood with this delicious pesto salmon recipe.
Created by a nine-year-old, this simple recipe makes it easy for your kids to help you cook.Print
- 1 ⅓ lbs salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- toasted pecans
- plum tomatoes, diced
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix mayo, pesto and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Break toasted pecans into small pieces (a rolling pin works great for this).
- Place salmon fillets in a baking dish large enough so that they don't overlap. Spread the pesto/mayo mixture over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle the pecan pieces over the pesto mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. Sprinkle the baked salmon with the diced tomatoes. Tear the basil leaves into small pieces over the tomatoes and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!