If you have a Dash Mini Waffle Maker, you are going to love making these cornbread waffles. They’re fun to make and create a perfect side for chili night!
Bonus – if you’re trying to get your teenagers in the kitchen, using the waffle iron for non-traditional recipes is sure to do the trick!
Looking for more fun Mini Dash Waffle Maker Recipes? See all of our waffle recipes here!
Download Our Free Guide to Your Dash Mini Waffle Maker
Are you ready to take your Dash Mini Waffle Maker to the next level? Our free guide will give you tips and tricks to turn just about ANYTHING into a waffle – plus the one thing that NEVER WORKS OUT!
Tools you’ll need
Step 1: In a large bowl, stir together cornbread batter per recipe or package instructions. Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
Step 2: Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
Step 3: Pour enough batter to cover the bottom plate. Do not overfill. Close lid and cook for 3 minutes and 45 seconds.
Step 4: Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer cornbread waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 2-3 minutes to allow wafffle to get crispy on the outside.
Handy tip: Add an Egg
Consider your first waffle a test. If the waffle batter is too sticky, and it’s making a mess in your waffle iron, add an extra egg to the rest of the batter.
What to Serve with Cornbread Waffles
Storage and Freezing
Store in an airtight container on your counter for three days or in your fridge for five days.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat, pop them in the toaster to heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use any brand of box cornbread mix. Follow the instructions on the specific mix you choose.
Follow the instructions on the box for the cornbread mix. No additional adjustments are needed. If you find that the first waffle is too sticky and not holding together, add an extra egg to the remaining batter.
Of course! We recommend this recipe. If it’s too sticky after your first waffle, add an extra egg.
Yes! It’s recommended to lightly grease the waffle maker or use non-stick cooking spray to prevent the cornbread batter from sticking. Do this between every single waffle!
Cooking times may vary, but generally, it takes about 3-5 minutes. Ours took exactly 3 minutes and 45 seconds. Keep an eye on the waffle maker and remove the cornbread waffles when they are firm and slightly crispy.
Yes! You can reheat cornbread waffles in a toaster or oven to crisp them back up when you’re ready to eat them.
Cheese, maple syrup, melted butter, cinnamon honey butter, hot honey, sour cream, chives, salsa…
Wait for the waffle maker to cool down, then wipe the plates with a damp cloth. For stubborn residue, use a soft brush or cloth.
Yes, you can adapt the recipe for a larger waffle maker, adjusting the amount of batter accordingly.
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- Prepare cornbread per recipe or package instructions.
- Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
- Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
- Fill bottom plate with cornbread batter. Do not overfill. Close lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer cornbread waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 3-5 minutes to allow waffle to get crispy on the outside.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all waffles are made.
- Top with your favorite cornbread toppings (like Maple syrup, honey, hot honey, melted butter, etc.) and Enjoy!
- DAIRY FREE- Need these to be dairy free? Easy! Use our recipe for gluten free cornbread here. OR, if the boxed cornbread mix calls for dairy, use the dairy-free substitute of your choice.
- ADD CHEDDAR CHEESE – Going for a more savory waffles? Sprinkle the waffle iron with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese before adding cornbread batter. Yum!
- STORAGE AND FREEZING – Store in an airtight container on your counter for three days or in your fridge for five days. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat, pop them in the toaster to heat.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3:45min