From Easter to Mother’s Day and everything else to celebrate this Spring (we can always think of things to celebrate, right?), you’re going to want to add this sheet pan Orange Juice Carrot Cake to your menu!
This twist on a classic recipe is easy and so delicious. And of course, it’s made with Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice.
If you’ve been following my site for the last few years, then you probably already know that this carrot cake recipe is made using Florida’s Natural. It’s the only orange juice we drink at our house, and I love finding ways to incorporate it into our favorite recipes.
Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice is a farmer cooperative representing nearly 1,000 growers working together to produce the best juice possible. Florida’s Natural orange juice is made entirely in Florida, using the citrus that their growers produce. There are no artificial flavors or ingredients and Florida’s Natural only uses oranges hand-picked from their grower-owned orange groves in Florida.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE JUICE CARROT CAKE
I love this recipe because it’s so delicious, it’s so easy to make, and it never fails that everyone asks me for the recipe after brunch.
It’s this simple: in a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, beat the wet ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until the batter is smooth. Stir in the grated carrots. Bake, cool and frost.
This cake is not too sweet and has just the right amount of zip from the orange juice. It’s delicious warm OR cold, so it can easily be made the day before brunch.
PAIR IT WITH SOME OF OUR FLORIDA’S NATURAL FAVORITES FOR YOUR SPRING BRUNCH:
My mother-in-law ALWAYS has a salad on her brunch table. This Summer Salad with Lemonade Basil Dressing is a huge hit with friends and family and perfect as the weather warms up!
And would it really be a spring brunch without a yummy drink on the table? You’ll love these Orange Juice Shooters that can be customized for kids and adults.
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup Florida’s Natural Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups finely grated carrots (6-7 carrots)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to combine butter, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla and orange juice.
- Slowly add flour mixture and mix on medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Stir in grated carrots.
- Pour into a greased sheet pan, 9x13 pan or two round cake pans.
- Bake based on pan size:
Two round cake pans - 35-40 minutes
9x13 pan - 30-35 minutes
Sheet cake - 25 - 30 minutes
- Let cool completely and then frost.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed until well mixed.
- Slowly add milk and vanilla. Beat until frosting is smooth and desired consistency.
Optional: Decorate your cake with sugared carrot decorations (as shown), orange and green sprinkles or leave it plain.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
Keywords: carrot cake, easter, brunch, spring, baking
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.