For my entire life, my absolute favorite season has always been the fall.
I love the color of the leaves and the crispness in the air. I get excited to break out my long sleeve shirts and sweaters, and hide my translucent white legs with jeans!
There is chill in the air and fall is on it's way.
The flavors of fall are another selling point for me. I love root vegetables, apples, and most of all pumpkin.
What's more comforting on a cool fall morning than a slice of warm pumpkin bread with butter? Not much. Your family will love this moist pumpkin bread recipe!Print
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- ½ c butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs one by one while still mixing.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients.
- By hand, mix in pumpkin.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm with butter
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins