Take your favorite breakfast dish to the next level with these delicious banana bread waffles. Easy to make and packed with flavor, these waffles are sure to become a family favorite.
Looking for more fun Mini Dash Waffle Maker Recipes? See all of our waffle recipes here!
This fun twist on banana bread will make your next breakfast or brunch even more fun. Here are a few ways you can serve these banana bread waffles.
- Serve them as grab and go snacks for your busy family members
- Offer them as part of a brunch charcuterie board.
- Make them a main course for your next breakfast or brunch. Yum!
Download Our Free Guide to Your Dash Mini Waffle Maker
Are you ready to take your Dash Mini Waffle Maker to the next level? Our free guide will give you tips and tricks to turn just about ANYTHING into a waffle – plus the one thing that NEVER WORKS OUT!
Tools you’ll need
Step 1: Make your banana bread batter following your recipe or the box instructions. Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
Step 2: Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
Step 3: Pour batter to cover the bottom plate. Do not overfill. Close lid and cook for 2-5 minutes. (Ours were perfect in 2 1/2 minutes.)
Step 4: Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer the waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 2-3 minutes to allow wafffle to get crispy on the outside.
Handy tip: Use Potholders
If you’re having a hard time removing the waffle from the waffle maker because it’s too soft, use potholders to pick up the waffle iron and “pour” the waffle on the cooling rack. It will get nice and crispy as it cools.
Our Favorite Toppings for Banana Bread Waffles
Storage and Freezing
Store in an airtight container in your fridge for five days.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat, pop them in the toaster to heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use your favorite banana bread recipe or mix. Ensure the batter is of a suitable consistency for the waffle maker.
Ripe bananas are ideal for banana bread waffles as they contribute to the sweetness and flavor. Mash them well before adding to the batter.
Yes! It’s recommended to lightly grease the waffle maker or use non-stick cooking spray to prevent the batter from sticking. Do this between every single waffle!
Cooking times may vary, but generally, it takes about 2-5 minutes. Ours were perfect in 2 1/2 minutes. Keep an eye on the waffle maker and remove the waffles when they are golden brown. They will crisp up even more on the cooling rack.
Yes! You can reheat waffles in a toaster or toaster oven to crisp them back up when you’re ready to eat them.
Absolutely! Enhance your banana bread waffles by adding ingredients like chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit for additional texture and flavor.
Wait for the waffle maker to cool down, then wipe the plates with a damp cloth. For stubborn residue, use a soft brush or cloth.
Yes, you can adapt the recipe for a larger waffle maker, adjusting the amount of batter accordingly.
Use enough batter to cover the waffle maker’s surface, leaving a small border to prevent overflow.
Consider toppings like maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or a sprinkle of cinnamon for added flavor.
- One box Banana Bread mix (we like Betty Crocker), or your favorite banana bread recipe
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- Prepare banana bread per package or recipe instructions.
- Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
- Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
- Fill bottom plate with banana bread batter. Do not overfill. Close lid and cook for 2-5 minutes (Ours were perfect at 2 1/2 minutes). You’ll know they’re finished when they are golden brown.
- Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 3-5 minutes to allow banana bread waffle to get crispy on the outside.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all waffles are made.
- Top with your favorite toppings (like a dash of cinnamon, maple syrup, fresh fruit, nuts, vanilla ice cream, etc.) and Enjoy!
- DAIRY FREE– Need these to be dairy free? Easy! Use the dairy free banana bread mix of your choice.
- ADD AN EXTRA EGG – If your first waffle is too sticky and won’t hold together, add an extra egg to your banana bread batter. This will help it hold together.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 2 – 5 min