Indulge in the light and airy delight of Angel Food Cake Mix Waffles made effortlessly in the Dash Mini Waffle Maker.
This easy-to-follow recipe transforms a simple angel food cake mix into delectable mini waffles with a crispy exterior and a soft, fluffy interior.
Looking for more fun Mini Dash Waffle Maker Recipes? See all of our waffle recipes here!
With the convenience of the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, you can enjoy these heavenly treats in just a matter of minutes.
Top with fresh berries, a dusting of powdered sugar, or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra touch of sweetness. These angelic waffles are perfect for a quick breakfast, a delightful dessert, or a heavenly snack any time of day. Elevate your waffle-making experience with this delightful twist on a classic treat.
Download Our Free Guide to Your Dash Mini Waffle Maker
Are you ready to take your Dash Mini Waffle Maker to the next level? Our free guide will give you tips and tricks to turn just about ANYTHING into a waffle – plus the one thing that NEVER WORKS OUT!
Tools you’ll need
Step 1: Make your Angel Food Cake batter following box instructions. If using the Betty Crocker mix, only use one cup of water (1/3 cup less than the box calls for). Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
Step 2: Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
Step 3: Add enough batter to cover the bottom plate. Do not overfill as these expand greatly while cooking. Close lid and cook for 2 minutes, 30 seconds.
Step 4: Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer the waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 2-3 minutes to allow wafffle to get crispy on the outside.
Handy tip: Use Potholders
If you’re having a hard time removing the waffle from the waffle maker because it’s too soft, use potholders to pick up the waffle iron and “pour” the waffle on the cooling rack. It will get nice and crispy as it cools.
Our Favorite Toppings for Angel Food Cake Mix Waffles
Storage and Freezing
Store in an airtight container in your fridge for five days.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat, pop them in the toaster to heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use any brand of angel food cake mix. Follow the instructions on the specific mix you choose.
Angel Food Cake mixes typically require adding just water. We recommend adding a little less water than suggested. In the Betty Crocker mix, we omitted 1/3 cup of the water.
Yes! It’s recommended to lightly grease the waffle maker or use non-stick cooking spray to prevent the batter from sticking. Do this between every single waffle!
Cooking times may vary, but generally, it takes about 2-5 minutes. (Ours were perfect in 2 1/2 minutes.) Keep an eye on the waffle maker and remove the waffles when they are golden brown. They will crisp up even more on the cooling rack.
Yes! You can reheat waffles in a toaster or oven to crisp them back up when you’re ready to eat them.
Use enough batter to cover the waffle maker’s surface, leaving a large border to prevent overflow. They will expand GREATLY while cooking.
Wait for the waffle maker to cool down, then wipe the plates with a damp cloth. For stubborn residue, use a soft brush or cloth.
Yes, you can adapt the recipe for a larger waffle maker, adjusting the amount of batter accordingly.
Consider toppings like fresh berries, whipped cream, powdered sugar, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce for added flavor.
- One box Angel Food cake mix (we like Betty Crocker)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- Prepare angel food cake per package instructions, leaving out a little of the water. (We omitted 1/3 cup of water from the Betty Crocker box mix.)
- Plug in Dash Mini Waffle Maker and wait for indicator light to go off to show that it’s ready to use.
- Spray both top and bottom plates with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to do this with every single waffle.
- Fill bottom plate with angel food cake mix batter. Do not overfill. They will expand GREATLY while cooking!
- Close lid and cook for 2-5 minutes (Ours were perfect at 2 1/2 minutes). You’ll know they’re finished when they are golden brown.
- Using a silicone or wooden spatula, transfer waffle to a cooling rack and let cool for 3-5 minutes to allow waffle to get crispy on the outside.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until all waffles are made.
- Top with your favorite toppings (like cinnamon, fresh fruit, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, etc.) and Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 2 – 5 min