10-year-old Jack wanted to combine his favorite flavors - gooey brownies and s'mores at his family's cabin. He was definitely onto something! These brownies are delicious and fun to make with kids.Print
- ½ cup butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1&½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup mini-marshmallows
- ½ cup milk or white chocolate chips
- 3 full sheets cinnamon graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch baking pan with foil.
- In a large glass bowl, place butter and chocolate. Heat in microwave at full power for about 1 minute or just until butter is melted. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Stir sugar into butter-chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each one. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt; mix well. Fold in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the batter in pan. Crush 2 graham cracker sheets with your hands. Sprinkle evenly on top of batter. Carefully spread the rest of the batter over the crackers (don't worry if you don't cover up all the cracker). Crush up the last cracker and sprinkle on top.
- Bake brownies for 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!