11-year-old Patrick created this recipe with his heritage in mind, combining Italian and German style foods. This delicious recipe has a yummy surprise in the middle that everyone will love.
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 6 slices deli pepperoni
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- In large bowl combine beef, pizza sauce, parmesan, red pepper, garlic and oregano. Mix well using your hands.
- Form a hamburger patty around each slice of pepperoni.
- Grill until meat reaches 160 degrees F.
- Top each patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese and serve on a hamburger bun.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!