10-year-old Blake’s grandpa knew what he was doing when he created this delicious recipe. It’s filling, a little spicy, and the whole family will love it. The kids will love that they can help cook it, too!
- ⅔ lb sweet Italian sausage
- ½ lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 3 cans chicken noodle soup
- 1 can water
- ½ cup rice
- 1 can diced tomato (basil & garlic flavored)
- With help from an adult, brown sausage and drain. Add onion, celery and pepper and saute. Set aside. Heat soup and water to a boil.
- Add rice. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add sausage and tomatoes to rice. Pour into a casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!