My family has been using the same simple pie crust recipe for over 100 years.
My great-grandmother (who died just before turning 107) passed her pie crust recipe down to my grandmother. My grandmother passed it down to my mother. My mother passed it down to me. I will pass it down to my daughter.
We are five generations of pie eaters!
And today I’m sharing the recipe with you!
It’s crazy easy to make this pie crust. I was baking pies solo at the age of 9 – that’s how easy this pie crust is to make!
Simple Pie Crust Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 1¾ cups shortening (I use white Crisco)
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- In separate bowl mix,
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- Mix together the flour, shortening, sugar and salt using your hands, a pastry cutter or a food processor.
- Stir in the wet ingredients.
- Chill for 15 minutes or more before rolling out on a floured surface and filling with your favorite pie filling.