Such a simple pie crust recipe – passed down in my family for over 100 years!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups shortening (I use white Crisco)
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- In separate bowl mix,
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- Mix together the flour, shortening, sugar and salt using your hands, a pastry cutter or a food processor.
- Stir in the wet ingredients.
- Chill for 15 minutes or more before rolling out on a floured surface and filling with your favorite pie filling.
This makes enough crust for one 2-crust pie AND one single-crust pie.