Cool Cucumber Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is always a hit, and it’s the perfect dish to bring to a cookout. It’s crispy, sweet and refreshing – just what you want during the summer heat.
- 8 ounces tube pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sugar (I usually use ¾ cup – the full recipe is a little sweet for me)
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a large bowl; stir in oil, cucumbers and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and chill for 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.