Kids LOVE ice cream – and as parents – we love it when it’s delicious, nutritious and simple to make!
The ladies at Prescribe Nutrition are here to share their favorite kid-approved recipe for banana ice cream.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out their latest program – Kids Rule! If you’re feeling challenged sneaking in the nutrients your child needs, but aren’t quite sure where to start, Prescribe Nutrition has got you covered.
Kids Rule will not only fully support you with unbelievable recipes that your kids will love (hello cauliflower pizza crust & green smoothie pops – 100% kid approved), it will also help you navigate the complicated world of food sensitivities, picky eaters and behavior concerns.
Click here to lean more and to register for Kids Rule. The program starts on April 7th, and you can save 20% by using code MLAK20 at checkout.
- 3 large, very ripe bananas - peeled, cut into pieces and then frozen
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- *fresh fruit, chopped; Enjoy Life chocolate chips, coconut flakes or nuts/seeds - your choice!
- Let bananas soften at room temperature for about five minutes.
- Whirl bananas, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a blender until smooth and creamy, this may take a minute.
- Pour into bowl, mix in favorite ingredients and serve immediately, or add to your favorite popsicle molds and freeze for later.
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!