Your kids will love this delicious recipe combining cheese, bacon and pasta. (And you probably will too.)
Created by a 9-year-old named Jean – your kids can be a huge help in the kitchen while you make this for dinner.
Cheesy Goodness Pasta Recipe for Kids
- 1 cup pasta of your choice
- ½ cup real bacon bits
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 8 oz American cheese (6 slices)
- ½ cup milk
- Heat water in a medium pot on the stove until it is boiling.
- Add the pasta and the carrots to the boiling water and stir.
- Cook the pasta with the carrots as long as the pasta package directions say, until the pasta is tender.
- While the pasta and carrots are cooking, tear the cheese into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and veggies and return them to the pan.
- Add the cheese, milk and frozen peas to the pan and cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the burner and stir in the bacon bits.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!