This stir-fry recipe is perfect for weeknights when you’re short on cooking time. And (bonus) it’s easy enough for the kids to help so you’ll probably get some tiny helpers in the kitchen.
- 2 lbs chicken
- a dash of cooking oil
- frozen vegetables
- your choice angel hair pasta or 5 ramen noodle packs
- 1 cup stir-fry sauce
- First, grill the chicken. When finished, cut it into small pieces.
- Heat a dash of cooking oil in a skillet on high.
- Next, put the grilled chicken, frozen vegetables and a little bit of the stir-fry sauce into the skillet. Cook about 3 minutes or until the vegetables become soft.
- If using the angel hair pasta, put it into the skillet. Or if you are using the ramen noodles, break the packets into small pieces (don't use the seasonings).
- Let the noodles cook for about 5 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Finally, put the cup of stir-fry sauce into the skillet and mix well.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!