This copycat Taco Bell Recipe for Bean Burritos (with red sauce) tastes exactly like the real thing. Bonus – you don’t have to drive to Taco Bell, and you can make batches in advance to toss in the freezer.
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- ½ C Chopped Onions (optional)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Large Flour Tortillas
- Taco Bell Copycat Red Sauce
- Heat refried beans in a small saucepan or in a microwave safe bowl.
- Chop onions and saute them over medium heat until soft.
- Spread about ½ cup of beans on a tortilla, sprinkle onions (about 1 TBS per tortilla) and add cheese to the top.
- Add red sauce and roll up!
If you are going to freeze these mini-masterpieces, we recommend adding the red sauce in between two layers of beans – to keep the tortilla from getting soggy in the reheat! Then, individually roll each burrito up in your tin foil! Will keep well for 2-4weeks.