These stuffed peppers made with shredded chicken and brown rice are easy, healthy and downright delicious. You can make the shredded chicken base in the instant pot, the crockpot, in the oven or on the stovetop.This baked sweet pepper bowl hits all the feels. With its bold, bright presentation, it is easy to forget how much nutritional value is packed into each pepper!
With each bite, it reminds us that healthy food can be delicious, fulfilling, and rewarding.
- 4–5 Red, orange, or yellow peppers, seeded and cored
- 2–3 Cups shredded chicken (2-3 chicken breasts – click here to see the easiest way to make shredded chicken.)
- ½ Cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms (chopped)
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Cup fresh cilantro leaves (remove stems) and finely chop
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- ½ Cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare Brown Rice per cooking instructions.
- Place all peppers in your favorite Pyrex or a large baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except goat cheese) together.
- Spoon into the peppers, filling right to the top.
- Sprinkle goat cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Category: Healthy, Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stuffed peppers, healthy, clean eating, shredded chicken, fast, easy, dinner