These easy Barbecue Chicken Sliders (made with shredded chicken) can be made in the crockpot or the oven (or even in the instant pot or on the stove). They’re perfect for a full meal or even as a tasty appetizer for your next party. My favorite part is that they can be easily customized for the entire family, making them a versatile dinner, appetizer or even lunch option.
- 3–4 cups of shredded chicken. (2 – 3 chicken breasts – click here to see the easiest way to make shredded chicken.)
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 ½ C Ketchup
- 2 TBS Mustard
- 6 TBS Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Cider Vinegar
Choose one of the following options as your base for this recipe, or provide them all for your family to choose their favorite.
- Hawaiian rolls
- Romaine lettuce
- Brown rice (1 cup per bowl)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt butter and coat a 9×9 Pyrex or casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce. Set aside a portion for drizzling.
- Add shredded chicken to the barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Pour your shredded chicken/barbecue sauce mixture into your greased pan.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
Add to the “base” of your choice (Hawaiian rolls, Romain lettuce or rice), drizzle with barbecue sauce and enjoy.
If you’d prefer not to use the oven, omit the butter. Mix the barbecue sauce and shredded chicken together and heat on the stovetop over medium heat until you reach your desired temperature.
I usually make a double batch of barbecue sauce. I mix half with the shredded chicken and leave the other half for garnish. My kids love to dip into extra BBQ sauce or drizzle extra on their sandwiches or rice bowls.
You can also use the storebought barbecue sauce of your choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sliders, shredded chicken, easy