This Orange Juice Bourbon Slushie recipe is going to be at the top of your summer drinks list. It can be made with or without alcohol (mocktail anyone?), and can also be served as a summer cocktail instead of a frozen slushie. If you’re making an alcoholic mixed drink, be sure to give this easy recipe a try!
- ½ cup water
- 1 black tea bag
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups Florida’s Natural Orange Juice
- 3 cups Florida’s Natural Lemonade
- 1 ¼ cup bourbon
- Steep black tea bag for five minutes in ½ cup of boiling water.
- Remove the tea bag and add ½ cup of sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in Florida’s Natural Orange Juice, Florida’s Natural Lemonade and Bourbon.
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe container (9×13 or 9×9 container works best), or freezer bags. Cover. Let the mixture set in the freezer for up to 8 hours, or until “slushie.”
- Once frozen, drag a fork across the top to begin breaking up the slushie. Do this until desired consistency. Scoop into a small beverage glass and serve with a straw or spoon.
Make as a mocktail (no bourbon)
Make as a punch (don’t freeze)
- Prep Time: 8 hours, 15 min
- Category: drinks
- Method: frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Slushie, Slushee, Summer Drinks, Bourbon, Orange Juice, Lemonade, Florida's Natural, OJ Bourbon Slushie, Mocktail, Cocktail