Why do I love jumbo croutons?
Well, they’re amazing to just eat as snacks. (Yes, we regularly snack on croutons).
They’re also delicious in salads – because let’s be honest – croutons are usually the best part of the salad. So why not make them jumbo?
And – they’re also super amazing for quick appetizers – or quick appetizers that turn into full-blown meals because they taste so good and why not?
- 9 slices of bread of your choice (multi-grain, whole wheat, gluten free, dairy free, egg free, etc. YOUR choice!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each slice of bread into four pieces. Adjust based on your preferred crouton size.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.
- Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Be sure to keep a close eye so that they don’t burn.
Modify your choice of bread to make these jumbo croutons gluten free or dairy free or egg free.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: simple
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: croutons, jumbo, appetizer, salads, gluten free, dairy free, egg free