- 1-2 Cups Shredded Chicken (1-2 chicken breasts - click here to see the easiest way to make shredded chicken.)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice (prepared)
- 1 Bag of fresh Arugula
- Shaved parmesan
- 1-2 oranges or clementines (optional)
Orange Ginger Glaze
- Juice from 1- 1 ½ oranges
- 2 TBS orange zest
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ TBS brown sugar
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Prepare shredded chicken. Shredded chicken can be served hot, cold, or room temperature!
- Prepare brown rice according to cooking instructions. Set aside.
- To make the orange ginger glaze dressing: In large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, and spices. Add minced garlic and fresh squeezed orange juice. Grate orange peel lightly to create 2 TBS of zest. Add ½ of the zest to the sauce and set aside the rest to be sprinkled on salad.
- In salad bowl, combine cooked brown rice, shredded chicken, and Arugula. Mix and drizzle with Orange Ginger Glaze, top with sprinkled orange zest, fresh shaved parmesan cheese clementine or orange slices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad, Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy, salad, shredded chicken, lunch, dinner, fast, delicious, orange, dressing