If you’re looking for a simple and healthy salad that won’t make you want to cry, you’ve come to the right place. This orange chicken arugula and brown rice salad with shaved parmesan is the best way to eat arugula, and the homemade dressing (in the form of an orange ginger glaze) is out of this world.
Savory and sweet, crunchy and hardy, fresh and absolutely irresistible.
This salad is packed with so much bursting flavor that it is easy to miss all of the nutritional value snuck in!
- 1–2 Cups Shredded Chicken (1-2 chicken breasts – click here to see the easiest way to make shredded chicken.)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice (prepared)
- 1 Bag of fresh Arugula
- Shaved parmesan
- 1–2 oranges or clementines (optional)
Orange Ginger Glaze
- Juice from 1– 1 ½ oranges
- 2 TBS orange zest
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ TBS brown sugar
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Prepare shredded chicken. Shredded chicken can be served hot, cold, or room temperature!
- Prepare brown rice according to cooking instructions. Set aside.
- To make the orange ginger glaze dressing: In large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, and spices. Add minced garlic and fresh squeezed orange juice. Grate orange peel lightly to create 2 TBS of zest. Add ½ of the zest to the sauce and set aside the rest to be sprinkled on salad.
- In salad bowl, combine cooked brown rice, shredded chicken, and Arugula. Mix and drizzle with Orange Ginger Glaze, top with sprinkled orange zest, fresh shaved parmesan cheese clementine or orange slices.
- Category: Salad, Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy, salad, shredded chicken, lunch, dinner, fast, delicious, orange, dressing