- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 4&3/8″ x 1&3/16″ pie pans
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 2 tbsp cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For crust, unroll refrigerated pie crust and roll slightly on floured surface. Place pie pans upside down on crust and cut out two large circles, slightly larger than pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Gently press 1 dough circle on bottom and sides of each pie pan, sides should hang over edge of pan. With remaining 2 circles, use small cookie cutters to cut out shapes in center of circle for decorative pie top (remember to leave a border, otherwise top crust will fall apart). Set aside.
- For pie filling, combine sliced apples, cherry preserves, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Mix well and fill two pies (will be full). Cut up butter into small pieces and put over top of apples. Cover pies with top crust and seal bottom and top crust together with fingers. If desired, make a fun decorative border using cut-outs from top crust dough. If desired, brush top of crust with water and sprinkle with sugar for extra sparkles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.