- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup natural applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups apple cinnamon oat cereal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 oz butterscotch chips
- In large mixer bowl, mix butter, applesauce, oats, crushed cereal, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat 3 minutes at medium speed or until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup butterscotch chips.
- Spread batter into 8-inch square microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with wax paper.
- Cook on high power (in the microwave) for 4 minutes.
- Rotate dish 1/4 turn.
- Cook on high power for 4 - 6 minutes longer or until top of cake appears dry and bottom is an even color.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup butterscotch chips over top of warm cake.
- Let stand 10 minutes and then spread ships evenly over cake.
- Let cool directly on counter top. Cut into serving pieces.
- Cook Time: 10 mins