Stay Motivated: weight loss, eating well, and being active
Whether you need weight loss motivation tips, want to eat well, or want to be more active, there are plenty of ways to stay motivated and on track. Here are a few of my favorites.
1. There are many cool gadgets out there that keep track of your activity levels throughout the day. My favorites are the FitBit and the Nike+ Fuel Band. Here is an article that compares them.
2. Find a fitness friend! This can be someone to walk with, attend classes with, or someone you check in with to talk about what you’ve done. Bonus: the cool thing about many of the gadgets listed in #1 is that you can add friends and track their activity levels, too. Compete with your friends, or just keep each other honest!
4. Write down your goals. Keep them posted somewhere, and check in with yourself regularly.
5. If losing weight is your goal, try a visual representation of the pounds you’d like to lose. All you need is two jars and the same number of beads or buttons as the number of pounds you’d like to shed. As the pounds come off, move the beads from one jar to the other. Don’t give up until they’re all in the “pounds lost” jar!
6. How many of us struggle with “emotional eating?” Knowing the differences between physical and emotional hunger can keep you in check.
8. Did you know that you can use USDA’s SuperTracker to make a profile, get tips on healthy eating, track your goals, and receive personalized plans for eating right and being active? What a great resource!
9. Whatever your goal is, be proud of the small steps you’ve made along the way! You’re making great progress!