With cream cheese frosting and a sweet pineapple center, these pineapple cinnamon cupcakes will be a hit at your next party.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 plus 2/3 cups 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 box (2 layers) yellow cake mix
- 1 container (16 ounces) store-bought buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan, then gradually stir in 1 1/4 cups pineapple juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, then pour into bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on filling and chill 2 to 8 hours.
- Place baking cups in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs with cinnamon at medium speed using an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add sour cream and pineapple juice, beating well. Add cake mix and beat at low speed until just blended, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Scoop out centers of cupcakes, using a 1-inch melon baller and leave a 1/2-inch border around edges. Discard or reserve centers for another use. Spoon a heaping tablespoonful of pineapple filling into center of each cupcake.
- Pipe cupcakes with buttercream frosting.
- Category: Dessert