Feel like baking? These orange juice muffins are a delicious way to start your day. Made with orange juice, sour cream and pistachios, the citrus taste with the crunch and salt of the pistachios will have you making these muffins every day that you can. Includes instructions to easily modify them to be gluten free and vegan.
Orange Juice Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice
Orange Pistachio Glaze
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all muffin ingredients together. I used my mixer, but you could easily mix these by hand.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake wrappers or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. (Use an ice cream scoop for uniform-sized muffins.)
- Bake the muffins at 400 degrees for 16 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool and then drizzle the glaze on top.
MAKING THE GLAZE
Whisk all of the glaze ingredients together and drizzle it over your cooled muffins.
I used white whole wheat flour which made the muffins a little denser (which is how I like them), but this also works well with regular all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour. Take your pick.
It’s also super easy to make them vegan by substituing dairy-free milk and sour cream and switching in an egg replacer for the egg.
I think you’ll quickly find that Florida’s Natural® Brand Orange Juice is the real champion of this recipe. It adds the perfect amount of citrus flavor to the batter (and glaze), without overpowering it.
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, orange juice, pistachios, muffins, simple