10 Best Budget Beach Resorts for Kids
Parents magazine and TripAdvisor revealed their picks for the 10 Best Budget Beach Resorts in 2015.
To determine the winners, Parents partnered with TripAdvisor to identify top beach resorts in the U.S. and the Caribbean with affordable rates, high ratings from family travelers, plus a slew of special features that appeal to families.
Editors then surveyed the resorts for family-friendly programs, lifeguard coverage, and free amenities, such as parking, Wi-Fi, bottled water, and shuttle service to nearby attractions. The final list offers destinations guaranteed to stretch your family vacation fund.
This year’s list of 10 Best Budget Beach Resorts
- Holiday Inn Resort, Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
- Embassy Suites Mandalay Bay Beach Hotel & Resort, Oxnard, California
- Franklyn D Resort & Spa, Runaway Bay, Jamaica
- Hallmark Resort, Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Grand Lucayan, Freeport, Bahamas
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Vero Beach, Florida
- Hard Rock Hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Winnetu Oceanside Resort, Edgartown, Massachusetts
- Hilton Ocean City, Oceanfront Suites, Maryland
“A beach vacation consistently tops families’ wish lists and with so many options, it can be hard to narrow down the best choice for your family and budget,” says Dana Points, Editor-in-Chief, Parents magazine.
“The resorts on our list offer a fun mix of options for young families, many with conveniences like kids’ clubs and in-room kitchen equipment. Planning a trip to one of these destinations will put a smile on your kids’ face and help everyone savor family time while sticking to the family budget.”
More details about all the winners appears in the April 2015 issue of Parents magazine, on newsstands March 10, and online at Parents.com.