With three little kids, we eat at home as much as possible.
We eat topless on Tuesdays and shoeless on Saturdays. And every day is pretty much crazy day at the table.
When we’re at home, our kids can be loud, under-dressed and downright messy while we’re teaching them how to behave during meals.
The problem, though, is my terrible cooking. I mean – seriously - it’s bad.
I can bake just about anything, but you need me to COOK? Well, that’s a totally different story.
Luckily, I have mastered one recipe. Everyone will eat it, and it’s about as easy as it gets…
Easy Weekday Dinner Recipe
1. Drag all three of your kids grocery shopping. Make two of them ride in the cart (decide this based on who is wearing shoes – let that one walk.)
2. Throw as much stuff into your cart as you can – make sure you include chicken, spices, broccoli and potatoes.
3. Go home, throw the groceries into the fridge. Play with your kids.
4. At 4 pm, get online and search for a recipe that includes chicken, broccoli and potatoes. Find one that you like. Pin it on Pinterest. Tweet about it. Call your mom and tell her about it.
5. Realize that you don’t actually have the ingredients for your new favorite recipe. Improvise and throw everything into the oven at once.
7. At 5:30 pm realize that you have burned dinner. Like to a crisp. Like it’s a good thing the house is still standing.
8. Get online and visit Carrabba’s.com. Choose meals from their amazing menu.
9. Throw the kids in the car (no shoes required) and drive to your nearest Carrabba’s. Pull into a parking spot and watch a waiter magically appear next to your door with your entire order – hot and ready to go.
10. Arrive home. Put their amazing food onto your plates, spray some Pledge by the front door. Have dinner on the table when your husband gets home from work.
Boom – easy (and delicious) weekday dinner!
Whether you are dining in or ordering online to-go, Carrabba’s helps bring your family together during the week.
Tell me why you think family dinner is a priority and one of my readers will win a $25 gift card to enjoy at Carrabba’s!
Please note that you must have a BlogFrog account to comment and enter. If you don’t already have one, it’s easy to join!