This delicious twist on a Strawberry Shortcake recipe is so simple to make. In fact, it’s a perfect recipe to get your kids started in the kitchen!
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1½ tsp orange juice
- 4 shortcakes
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- ⅓ cup chocolate, melted
- Put yogurt in paper towel-lined sieve over bowl to drain. Refrigerate for one hour.
- In separate bowl, mix drained yogurt, chocolate, honey, orange zest, orange juice and chopped strawberries.
- Spoon onto shortcake.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!