My sister has gotten really into natural foods and products over the past few years. When I was FaceTiming with her the other day, she was making a smoothie and put hemp in it. HEMP. In a smoothie. And then she drank it.
Though I stick with fruits and vegetables for my smoothies, I have adopted some clean living practices. This mainly pertains to food but I have also experimented with homemade cleaning and bath products. The recipes I’ve used have (surprisingly) called for ingredients that I already had on-hand.
While researching homemade body wash recipes, I was excited to find that I would only need to buy one ingredient (Castile soap) – everything else is a staple in my kitchen or bathroom.
Nourishing DIY Body Wash
3/4 cup Castile soap
1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Coconutmilk
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons vitamin E oil
10 drops essential oil (optional)
2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin (optional if your Castile soap includes it)
Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight bottle. Pour onto a washcloth or loofah and work into a lather.
Notes & Ingredient Benefits
1. Castile soap should be easy to find in the bath/spa section of grocery or big box store. I love Dr. Bronner’s Castile soap because it has additional ingredients that prevent me from having to buy oils and vegetable glycerin. It also comes in a variety of scents – I love their peppermint scent which is so refreshing for a morning shower.
2. Vegetable glycerin creates the bubbles. If you use a Castile soap that doesn’t include vegetable glycerin or if you just want more bubbles, you can buy it separately.
5. Silk Unsweetened Coconutmilk is an excellent source of vitamin D and has no artificial colors or flavors. Coconut milk is also antibacterial and hydrates skin.
3. Honey is antibacterial, anti-fungal, and healing.
4. Vitamin E smoothes, moisturizes, and nourishes skin.
And be sure to visit Silk on Facebook for even more coupons.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.