14-year-old Cassidy created this delicious cookie recipe. It is perfect for a crowd and fun for your kids to help bake.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 stick margarine
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup golden brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- 1½ cups peanut butter chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter, margarine, both sugars and the vanilla extract. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add flour to the liquid a little at a time and mix well until evenly combined.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips.
- Use a little ice cream scoop to place the cookie dough onto a baking sheet, leaving room in between for the cookie dough to spread without touching.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. Bake longer to make them crunchy.
- Cool for a few minutes on the sheet. Use a spatula to move them to a plate. Eat warm or store in an airtight container once cooled.
This is just one of dozens of recipes created by kids for kids in the Small Fries Cookbook.
Learn more about this inspiring kids cookbook and grab a copy of your own right here. (All proceeds benefit Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.)
Food photography courtesy of Teri Campbell, Teri Studios / terishootsfood.com
Looking For More Great Recipes?
Follow the My Life & Recipes board on Pinterest to find more amazing recipes!