After the snow clears from another brutal Winter, our neighbors whom we haven’t seen for months emerge into their front yards to greet the first sunshine of Spring.
When that same sun begins to blaze in the midst of Summer, we retreat to the comfort of our own front porch oasis. My hubby and I use our front porch a lot in the Summer- for dinners, Friday night cocktails, and (my favorite) watching thunderstorms.
I love our porch! Its smaller size and simple layout create a very cozy environment, but as I write this post (sitting on the front porch for inspiration, of course) I can see where a few splashes of color and accessorizing could make my oasis even more functional and stylish. So as a thunderstorm rolls in, I’m brainstorming my own front porch makeover with inspiration from these 15 porches:
15 Front Porches That Will Make You Swoon
1. Ultimate Covered Porch from House Beautiful
2. Coastal Front Porch from Lee Ann Thornton Interiors
3. Rustic Porch from Shannon Berrey Design
4. Black and White Casual Porch from House Beautiful
5. Outdoor Living Room from HGTV
6. Light and Airy Porch from Country Living
7. Southern Farmhouse Porch from Southern Living
8. Front Door Planters from Gilded Mint
9. Built-In Bench from Veranda
10. Cozy Porch from There’s No Place Like Home in the South
11. Southern Veranda from Martha Stewart
12. Screened Porch with Fireplace from Home Idea Network
13. Cottage Porch with Dining Table from Better Homes and Gardens
14. Old-Fashioned Style Porch from Traditional Home
15. Vibrant Porch from Southern Hospitality
Which porch has you swooning?