One of my absolute favorite things about the holidays is trimming our Christmas tree.
I love revisiting with each ornament!
The homemade ornaments from my childhood are especially my favorite.
They make me laugh every year!
When my husband and I first got married, our parents passed on a few of our creations to us.
Making ornaments is a perfect activity to do as a family during the holidays – and the creations will stay with your kids into their adulthood!
These 35 DIY ornaments to make with kids are a great place to start.
1. Peppermint Candy Ornaments by Hello Homebody
2. Cookie Cutter Ornaments by Martha Stewart
3. No Cook Cinnamon Scented Ornaments by Growing a Jeweled Rose
4. Bottle Cap Snowman Ornaments by Kidsomania
5. Popsicle Stick Ornaments by Evite
6. Melted Crayon Ornaments by Meet the Dubiens
7. Reindeer Thumbprint Ornament by Little Bit Funky
8. Sprinkle Filled Ornaments by Little Gray Fox & Little Foto Fox
9. Fabric Scrap Christmas Balls by Jillian in Italy
10. Pom Pom Stuffed Ornament by Feels Like Home
11. Handprint Snowman by Confessions of a Homeschooler
12. Chalkboard Ornament by A Night Owl
13. Faux Mirror Tile Ornaments by Bloesem Kids
14. Glitter Ornaments by No. 2 Pencil
15. Paint Chip Christmas Tree by A Little Craft in Your Day
16. Paint Brush Ornaments by Mud Pie Studio
17. Salt Dough Handprint Ornaments by Olive Juice Mama
18. Fusible Bead Ornaments by Pickle Bums
19. DIY Character Ornaments by Crazy Little Projects
20. Button Trees by U.K. Lass in U.S.
21. Yarn Balls by Sew Wrong
22. Super Hero Ornaments by Happy Looks Good on You
23. Woven Cardboard Cookies by The Crafty Crow
24. Snowflake Christmas Tree Ornaments by Meet the Dubiens
25. Clothespin Reindeer by Scissors and Spoons
26. Melted Snowman Ornament by Occasionally Crafty
27. Homemade Clay Ornaments by Tips from a Typical Mom
28. No Cook Birdseed Ornaments by saltwater-kids
29. Ribbon Tree Ornament by Free Kids Crafts
30. Santa’s Belly Ornaments by A Crafty B
31. Snowman Ornament by Kelsey Bang
32. Beaded Candy Cane Ornaments by The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
33. Popsicle Stick Sled by Tidbits
34. Easy Snowman Ornament for Kids by Crazy Little Projects
35. A Very Puzzling Rudolph by For What’s It’s Worth…or NOT
For more fun activities to do with your kids, be sure to follow our My Life & Kids Activities board on Pinterest.