My kids have more toys than I care to admit. And while they play with most of them, our toy organization leaves a lot to be desired. Luckily, the internet is full of creative mamas with great ideas to help me organize toys!
10 Creative Ways to Organize Toys
1. This totally blew my mind. Get the matchbox toys off the ground? Yes, please! Magnetic Knife Strips Can do WHAT?
2. I’ve always envisioned a life where my kids’ toys are nearly organized in labelled clear plastic boxes. Maybe that dream can become a reality – especially with this great idea of adding pictures to the labels (since my kids can’t read yet.)
3. We’re not into Barbies yet, but I can see where an over-the-door shoe holder would be the perfect place to store them. And in the meantime, I can think of a lot of other toys that could be quickly organized like this!
4. I found this to be a particularly inspired idea. And what a unique way to repurpose outdoor planters!
5. I picked up a toy storage unit like this one at a garage sale several years ago. It has been a lifesaver in our basement!
6. This DIY stuffed animal swing makes me wish I was a lot handier. Or had a little more motivation to build things. Isn’t it so adorable? I’m sure my husband will whip this up for me as soon as he gets home from work. No doubt.
7. I think I might just hire this person to come organize the kids toys for me. She introduces an entire toy organization system, and I have no doubt that it would work!
8. Since we’re organizing, we might as well take tips from the expert. Here’s Peter Walsh with three tips for tackling the toy box.
9. Speaking of traveling… Oh – we weren’t? Well, let’s just pretend we were… If your car looks anything like mine after a long trip, you might be wondering how to keep kids’ toys organized on the go. I’ve found a solution: this car organizer!
10. And – finally – if your kids are as obsessed with Legos as mine are – this is a fabulous idea for keeping those Legos organized!
What are your top tips for keeping toys organized?